Tuesday, July 11, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
The Pat Connolly Tavern (6400 Oakland)
RSVP & Learn More on the Facebook Event
*Open to the public
We look forward to seeing you at our July Membership Meeting: “Reversing Right to Work.” The meeting will take place at 7:00 pm at Pat’s Tavern, located at the corner of Oakland Ave & Tamm Ave across from the Saint Louis Zoo.
After the “Reversing Right to Work” educational portion of the meeting, we will hold a Special Election for two vacant board positions: Treasurer or Director of Local Politics & Grassroots Organizing. Since this is a Special Election, those elected will only serve the remainder of the one-year term beginning January 2017. Candidates who are nominated by Friday, July 7th via an electronic form will have an opportunity to speak, afterwhich members will vote.
- Who can RUN for Treasurer / Director?
- Members who are in good standing by Wednesday, July 5th at 11:59 pm.
- Who can NOMINATE someone for Treasurer / Director?
- Members in good standing by Wednesday, July 5th at 11:59 pm may nominate one or multiple candidates. You may nominate yourself or others.
- How do I nominate myself or someone else?
- Using this electronic FORM.
- What is the nomination period?
- Nominations are open now until WEDNESDAY, JULY 5TH AT 11:59 pm.
- How can I figure out if my membership is up to date?
- Email our Secretary, Rosetta, at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- How do I become a member or renew my membership?
- Pay your $25 dues now at http://www.youngdems.com/donate/.
- What is the voting process?
- EARLY VOTING: Early voting via online ballots will open to members by 7/10/2017 and close at 8:00 pm on 7/11/2017. This ballot will be sent to members via email.
- IN-PERSON VOTING: At the meeting, each candidate will be able to speak about their experience and qualifications. Following candidate speeches, members will vote using paper ballots.
- When will we hear the results?
- Results will be tallied at the 7/11/2017 meeting and shared with attendees, as well as over email by the end of that week.
- Other Questions?
- Contact us at email@example.com